6 November 2011

End Of School Poems..

Sunday, November 06, 2011 | 0Comments |


 Goodbye Poems


Remember how I walked away,
On tiny feet, my first school day?
With tiny hands I waved goodbye,
And I saw the tear in the corner of your eye.
But you were brave and so was I.
We both tried hard not to cry...

My little feet carried me to school.
I remember your saying, "Now obey every rule!"
My little hands opened the heavy school door.
Everywhere I looked, there were kids galore.
I went down the hall to the big red "K".
There was Mrs. LaBoon to show me the way.

We made a big family, Mrs. LaBoon, the "Mother".
With a family this large, we had to help each other.
I've tried hard to listen throughout the whole year.
So when I'm in first grade, I'll have nothing to fear.
The muscles in my hands are now much stronger.
And even my feet look a whole lot longer.

On the last day of school, as we all wave goodbye,
Do you s'pose Mrs. LaBoon will have a tear in her eye?
It really has been a happy school year.
And if it weren't for you, Mom and Dad,
I just wouldn't have been here!!



This Hand I Hold
This hand I hold I touch it now
For all eternity,
And the knowledge that I share
I give from me to you.
In hope that all you do and say
Reflects the lessons learned,
And all the awards that you receive
Are ones that you have earned.
I am your present teacher
And your true friend,
But when the year is over
My thoughts of you won't end.
For in my dearest memory
Forever you will be,
And when you go I hope that you
Will take a part of me.
This hand I hold I touch it now
For all eternity,
And the knowledge that I share
I give from me to you.



Great Expectations
It's time to say good-bye
Our year has come to an end.
I've made more cherished memories
and many more new friends.
I've watched your child learn and grow
and change from day to day.
I hope that all the things we've done
Have helped in some small way.
So it's with happy memories
I send them out the door,
With great hope and expectations
for what next year holds in store.

     
In 2006, at the beginning of September
You came into my class, how well I remember.
Some of you were smiling and giggling a lot
Some were very quiet and a few tears I could spot
You came here to learn, to be taught how to read
You were then very much like a tiny new seed
You were all in my garden just waiting to grow
So this gardener got busy with her rake and her hoe
I fed you the water and let in the sun
You took in the soil, but we had only begun
Each day as I worked in this garden of mine
I saw you all growing so strong and so fine
Then finally one day I took a good look
And saw each of my flowers reading a book
It was obvious then that you had worked too
Soaking up all the food I had given to you
But although you have blossomed, you still need to grow
So I'll pass you on now to another gardener I know
She too has a rake and hoe she can use
And plenty of food from which you can choose
I hope you will keep your roots open wide
Take in all her food and keep it inside
Yes, a gardener can work all night and all day
But the flower must be willing to take in each ray
So work very hard in your garden each year
Do the best you can and you'll have nothing to fear
Grow strong and tall, reach up for the sun
Stay as nice as you are and have lots of fun.


Now I know my ABC's.
Colors, shapes, and days.
I sang some songs,
Learned some poems, rhymes, and finger plays.
I played outside on sunny days,
And inside when it rained.
My little hands and feet were busy every day.
My teacher was Mrs. LaBoon.
I kept her on her toes.
She tied my shoes, combed my hair, and even wiped my nose.
But now it's time to say "Good-bye"
To all my kindergarten friends.
School is over, summer's here.
But learning never ends!



You're a very special person,
and you should know
how I loved to be your teacher,
how fast the year did go.
Please take the time to think of me
as through the years you grow,
try hard to learn all you can,
there is so much to know.
The one thing I tried to teach you,
to last your whole life through,
is to know you are special
just because, you are you.


I am Glad I was your Teacher!I'm glad I was your teacher
I've come to love you so.
I can't believe the end is here.
I hate to see you go.
Remember all the fun we had
in all the things we did
But most of all remember...
You're a Very Special Kid!


On The Last Day of School
A quiet tension fills the room on this last day of school.
I expected exuberance and rowdiness, but that came yesterday
when there was still one day to go.
Today the children are disturbingly subdued.
I am embarrassed at my own emotions;
I cannot look at the children directly.
The room is so blank. Our desks are cleaned out.
The last traces of the party have been swept away.
The charts and posters are down for the summer.
So now we sit quietly, too wrought even for songs and games,
and we wait for the bus to come.
I expect to see these children again, of course, but it won't be the same.
They know it, and I know it.
They will come around to see me, jealous of the new class,
and I will look at a room of little strangers and miss the familiar faces.
In time the strangers will become friends,
But every class is different and special;
no new group of children will ever take the place of the one leaving me today!


A, B, C Farewell
A is for the alphabet which we know how to say.
B is for busy bodies -- a work and at play.
C is for colors - red, yellow, blue, and green.
D is for drawing pictures, the best you've ever seen.
E is for exercise to keep our bodies strong.
F is for the fun we've had as we have gone along.
G is for the good friends we made throughout the year.
H is for happy faces, filled with love and cheer.
I is for imagination used at every turn.
J is for good jobs and the praises we have earned.
K is for kindergarten-- hip, hip hooray!
L is for learning -- more and more each day.
M is for minding and showing our respect.
N is for numbers. One, two, three...correct?
O is for the obstacles we learned to overcome.
P is for puppets and for playing rhythms on a drum.
Q is for all the questions we've asked throughout the year.
R is for reading stories, even those that bring a tear.
S is for different snacks, several we have tried.
T is for talking. It's not to be denied.
U is for unusual; it fits some things we've done.
V is for our volunteers -- parents and everyone!
W is for the world of words we've barely dipped into.
X is for extra special kids -- it's him, it's her, it's you.
Y is for yes, it has been a great year!
Z is for first-grade zest. We're ready, have no fear!


Summer's here! Another year of school is at an end.
We've learned a lot and grown a lot and made a lot of friends.
 We'll say goodbye, now summer's here, it's time for us to part.
But we'll remember all our friends and keep them in our hearts.

Dear Parents,
I give you back your child, the same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall.
 I give him back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible,
and more mature then he was then.
Although he would have attained his growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure
and privilege to watch his personality unfold day by day and marvel at this
splendid miracle of development.
I give him back reluctantly, for having spent nine months together in the narrow
confines of a crowded classroom, we have grown close, have become a part of each other,
and we shall always retain a little of each other.
Ten years from now if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes,
a smile to our lips, and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more,
this bond we feel today.
We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned, and enriched our
lives together this year.
I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give him back I must.
 Take care of him, for he is precious.
Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and his destiny,
wherever he goes, whatever he does, whoever he becomes.
 His joys and sorrows I’ll be happy to share.
I shall always be his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday in every way, think what you need and tell what you think ...

Bumble Bee Tuna

Started since 23/24 Jul 2011